One of the more common and convenient pieces of luggage that business and leisure travelers oftentimes use is the duffel bag. As you probably know, duffel bags are similar to suitcases in that you can carry your clothing and other personal items in them when you travel. But that is where the similarity ends. Whether you’re spending an afternoon working out at the fitness center or gym, going on an overnight or weekend getaway, or traveling long distance to reach your destination, the versatility of a duffel bag cannot be overstated.
About the Duffel Bag
The most basic duffel bag is expandable and is literally indestructible because they are made from durable materials that can withstand a lot of abuse such as when they are thrown onto the baggage claim carousel or tossed in between the cargo holds of different aircraft. In most cases, they are constructed out of a canvas-like material or rip-stop nylon. Materials such as these can easily expand to hold a lot of clothing and personal items but they can also be stored easily in the back seat or trunk of your vehicle as well as underneath your seat on an airline.
Although they are considerably more expensive, another popular choice of material with some travelers is the leather duffel bag. However, compared to the canvas or nylon type, leather is the most durable material of the three. Regardless, the duffel bag is the most indispensable piece of luggage that you can purchase. So if you are looking for a durable piece of travel gear that is suitable for a wide range of uses, the ideal choice is going to be the duffel bag. And that is where the “Outfitter” duffel bag by Herschel Supply Co. comes into play.
Why the Outfitter?
Why not? Compared to other brands of duffel bags, the Outfitter instead of some other brand and model of duffel bag? Naturally, there are dozens of choices available on the market, so why choose this one rather than one of the others? To answer that question, you have to consider a number of factors, the first of which is VERSATILITY. Consider the fact that this duffel bag comes in handy whenever you need to carry anything more than your keys and wallet. Here are the top 5 uses:
- Athletics, recreation, and sports – from basketball to tennis, the duffel bag is an essential piece of equipment. Its portability and size makes it extremely easy to fill with your gear and hand carry or throw over one of your shoulders.
- Business – whether you need to carry your files or your laptop with you to and from work, duffel bags are specifically designed to handle what you need for your place of business. Most importantly, your essential items are protected from all types of weather.
- Fitness workouts – you can use the Outfitter duffel as a gym bag because they are easy to clean and maintain as well as how spacious they are. There are a number of items that you can carry in it such as your change of clothing and shoes along with your personal items such as your body wash and shampoo.
- Hunting excursions – since it can easily be carried by throwing it over your shoulder, you can use the Outfitter as a hunting bag. With its expandability and spaciousness, you’ll be able to carry a number of must-have items with you when you go hunting.
- Travel – obviously, this is the primary reason for purchasing any duffel bag. Not only is this a must-have piece of luggage for many types of travelers, it is durable and lightweight, meaning that it can easily be taken with you no matter what your destination is.
It goes without saying that versatility is a key factor as is functionality. Even more importantly is the fact that the Outfitter is also a very practical piece of luggage that can be used for a wide range of activities and occasions.
Adventure travel is waiting for you when you purchase a Herschel Supply Co. Outfitter duffel bag. With this “ready-for-anything” piece of gear, you will definitely have an advantage. Where traveling extensively is concerned, you can carry all of your primary essentials thanks to the overly spacious main compartment. For added aesthetics and extra contrast, the full-zip closure at the top of the bag features metal detailing.
On the side of the duffel bag, you will find a compartment for your shoes. Not only does this keep them separated from your clothing, but more importantly, you won’t have to worry about your clothes smelling fresh. The Herschel Supply Co. has also included a laundry bag so you have more travel organization options. The shoulder carrying strap can be removed if desired while grab handles are mounted on the sides and top of the bag. In addition to all of this, the bottom of the Outfitter has been reinforced for extra protection.
Lining: 100% nylon / Shell: 100% polyester
- Accessory Strap Drop: 25 in.
- Accessory Strap Length: 59 in.
- Bottom Width: 24 in
- Depth: 11 1 2 in.
- Handle Drop: 7 in.
- Handle Length: 25 in.
- Height: 13 in.
- Middle Width: 24 in
- Top Width: 24 in
- Weight: 3 lbs. 1 oz.
Additional information is available upon request at the Herschel Supply Co. Or you can contact them via e-mail if you have any further questions about the Outfitter.
A Brief Word about the Company
The Herschel Supply Co. was founded in 2009 by brothers Jamie and Lyndon Cormack, whose ancestors originally came from Scotland in the early 20th century. The business headquarters are located in Vancouver, British Columbia but the company was named after the town of Herschel where three different generations of Cormacks were raised. Today, the company is an industry leader that produces some of the highest quality travel accessories including items such as backpacks, bags, and other travel products. For all intents and purposes, the Outfitter duffel is the preferred bag of choice in today’s luggage marketplace.