If you’ve been longing for an adventure that puts you in the heart of the outdoors, with different dining adventures, there are many unusual options.
For the traveling foodie, there is a sense of satisfaction that cannot be equaled without experiencing the ultimate dining adventure while in a foreign country. It’s not just about discovering some of the world’s best cuisines. It’s the thrill of pursuing them as well. If you’ve been longing for an adventure that puts you in the heart of the outdoors with different dining adventures, why not consider the following choices when planning your next vacation.
Safari riverbed dining
For the ultimate safari-style dining experience, the Kapama River Lodge is second to none. The lodge is situated within the confines of the Kapama Game Reserve with 64 spacious bedrooms and 3 dining venues here worthy of your consideration including:
- Rhino Boma – this buffet dining venue offers up a broad variety of dishes in an open-sided thatch environment complete with a roaring fire.
- Siyatla Lounge – this dining venue is an ideal venue for conferences, formal functions, and large groups. There is a bar and lounge, both with fireplaces, situated in an open thatched roof setting.
- The Riverbed – dine under the African star-filled sky with your special someone at this most romantic of the three dinner venues.
You could certainly refer to this elevated dining setting as the perfect spot for enjoying the “high” life. Situated in the Gulf of Thailand is the Soneva Kiri, a rattan and steel dining pod carefully hoisted into a eucalyptus tree, 26 feet into the air. As you dine, you’ll have excellent views of the beach below while enjoying this Cirque du Soleil style dining venue as your waiter zip lines his way to serve you a chicken casserole topped with lemongrass.
Last but not least, it would be difficult to imagine a dining adventure more unique than this. Set around and under the gigantic aquariums, dining is a unique experience. So we decided to give you 4 choices:
- Al Mahara, Dubai – the ambiance of this establishment reflects the Dubai environment and features a floor-to-ceiling aquarium, The Oval. The dining tables are arranged around the huge aquarium, filled with exotic marine life, including sharks and eels. The service is superb.
- Atrium Bar, Berlin – the Radisson Blu is the setting for this lounge setting as it sits beneath an aquarium filled with over 264,000 gallons of water and over 1,500 fish. Dine under the sea life as marine animal swim over.
- Cargo Hold Restaurant, Durban – so what’s in a name? Only the location of this unique underwater dining establishment. As the name implies, this restaurant within the Phantom Ship’s stern. Enjoy your meal while being observed by the aquarium sharks as you dine.
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant, Maldives – the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Hotel is the setting for this restaurant located at 16 feet below sea level. Enjoy full course European meals, at the first all glass restaurant set under the sea. The seating offer 180 degree view of the coral gardens.